Guidelines for Grant Applications
VNA Foundation awards grants to support home – and community-based healthcare and health services for the medically underserved in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane and Will counties — with a focus on Chicago.
We will consider funding program, operating, and capital grants, which are in support of the following areas:
- Home health care services
- Community and school-based services
- Primary care and chronic disease management
- Health promotion
In deference to our roots as the Visiting Nurse Association of Chicago, priority consideration will be given to programs in which care is provided by nurses.
Qualifications and Eligibility
All grants must:
- Have measurable goals and objectives.
Please see our Outcome Measures page for examples.
- Benefit the medically underserved.
- Be submitted by an organization exempt from income tax under sec. 501 (c)(3), and designated as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2), of the Internal Revenue Code. NOTE: VNA Foundation does not provide grants to section 509(a)(3) “supporting organizations.” Please include with each Letter of Intent (or other initial communication with the foundation) your most recent IRS Determination Letter stating your status as a 501(c)(3) organization with a 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) designation.
- Carefully review the Guidelines for Grant Applicants listed above to determine your eligibility.
- If you wish to apply, refer to Application Deadlines for submission due dates.
- Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) through our online Grants Management System.
- Based upon review of your LOI, you will either be asked to submit a full proposal or be advised to look elsewhere for funding.
- If you’re a current grantee interested in renewal funding, please refer to our renewal funding page.
All Letters of Intent and invited full proposals should be submitted through our online Grants Management System. Note: Depending on which browser you use, the spell check option may not be available when typing in this System; many applicants prepare submissions using word processing software, then paste into the appropriate sections of the online form.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our guidelines or application procedures.
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 3118
Chicago, IL 60606